Nilaqua’s entire range of hygiene products are not only alcohol free but paraben free too! We believe alcohol free is the way forward….
*Alcohol free products are non flammable, this is great for a health and safety aspect; specifically in prisons, public area’s, police stations and when working with mental health or children. It has been known for people to light the actual liquid and create fire bombs, especially around festival toilets. As well as putting it on their hands and lighting it. Smokers are advised to stay away from alcohol products due to the lighting process and smoking itself should be prohibited on site. Alcohol gels should ideally kept in cool or air conditioned rooms,which are locked.
*Patient Safety, Certain surgeries involving electrics have shown patients hair to catch on fire after applying alcohol based disinfectants. There has also been reported incidents of electrical fires fuelled by alcohol gel and even ingestion and inhalation in children.
* Alcohol free products are non skin drying. Alcohol products method of use is to evaporate, which strips natural oils and dries the skin. This can actually cause micro fissure and cracks that can harbour germs. Alcohol also provides no further protection, where as Nilaqua alcohol free sanitisers provides post application protection for up to 6 hours! Even if you touch a dirty door handle you are still protected.
*Alcohol free products kill more resilient germs including Norovirus & C-Diff, Is it well known that alcohol based sanitisers do not kill Norovirus nor does it kill C-Diff. Some sanitisers may hold a small residual resistance, however it is minimal. Nilaqua is so effective at killing C-Diff this can be completed in just 30 seconds! Nilaqua kills 99.999% and in most cases 99.9999% of germs in 30 seconds, whereas alcohol gels typically kill 99.9% or 99.99% of germs. This may not seem like alot however for every 9% this equates to 100x or in some cases 1000x more effective. See our Test Data Chart
*Alcohol Free Products do not offend religions, equality is important especially in such a multicultural society. By offering Alcohol Free products you are including everyone.
* Alcohol Free Products are non-tainting, nor do they affect surfaces or strip nail varnish. Nilaqua alcohol free sanitisers can be applied to wood, glass, plastics and even specialist surfaces.
- Alcohol Free Products are cost effective, buying gels are often a false economy as you have to pump several times to cover the hand effectively. i.e. 3 x 2ml pumps = 6ml. Nilaqua's bottle dispenses vary but our popular Hand Operated Dispenser dispenses 0.8ml per pump, typically requiring 2 pumps maximum this is only 1.6ml. With Nilaqua you do not need additional moisturisers as it does not strip the skin. Sanitisers themselves are often cost effective as you are not paying for water bills, paper towels or electric bills.
CDiff – http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/46/Supplement_1/S43.full
Norovirus – http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/737884
Fire Hazards – http://www.who.int/gpsc/tools/faqs/abhr2/en/
Stains – http://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-a-Hand-Sanitizer-Stain-on-Wood.html
Germs – http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html
Patient Safety – http://patientsafetyauthority.org/ADVISORIES/AdvisoryLibrary/2005/jun2(2)/Pages/13.aspx
- Emadi A, Coberly L. Intoxication of a hospitalized patient with an isopropanol-based hand sanitizer. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:530-1.
- Doyon S, Welsh C. Intoxication of a prison inmate with an ethyl alcohol-based hand sanitizer. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:529-30.