Alcohol Free Hand Sanitiser Application Technique
This technique enables you to effectively apply our alcohol free hand sanitiser in line with WHO Guidelines and has been approved by the Infection Prevention Society.
When should you use Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser ?
In the healthcare environment, use of a hand sanitiser (alcohol or alcohol free ) is the preferred means for routine hand hygiene, providing hands are not visibly soiled.
When to perform hand hygiene:
- Before & after touching a patient
- Before cleaning/aseptic procedures
- After body fluid exposure/risk
- After touching patient surroundings such as door handles, desks and equipment
- (Waterless also believes this should be before eating and after you visit the bathroom too!)
However, in the following situations, you should perform a thorough handwash using soap and water:
- Whenever hands are visibly dirty
- Whenever they are visibly soiled with blood or other body fluids
- After using the toilet
- If hands are visibly clean but our outstanding Nilaqua Alcohol Free Hand Sanitiser is not readily available
Ref: World Health Organisation (2009), WHO Guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Healthcare.